Making West Yorkshire Safer
To improve community safety and wellbeing and reduce the risk to life, property and the environment from fire and other emergencies.
- We will reduce the risks to the communities of West Yorkshire.
- We will continue to develop ways of working which improve the safety and effectiveness of our firefighters.
- We will actively look for opportunities to implement learning from the Grenfell Inquiry to improve how we respond to high rise emergencies and other foreseeable risks.
- We will use the HMICFRS assessment of ‘Good’ in all areas as a foundation to implement our improvement action plan with the aim of delivering an outstanding service.
- We will be innovative and work smarter throughout the service.
- We will invest in information and communication technology, digital and data, to deliver our service in smarter ways.
- We will work efficiently to provide value for money and make the best use of reserves to provide an effective service.
- We will continue working towards delivering a more inclusive workforce, which reflects and serves the needs of the diverse communities of West Yorkshire.
- We will support, develop and enable our people to be at their best.
- We will promote environmentally friendly ways of working, reduce waste and raise awareness among staff to both fight climate change and respond more effectively to incidents driven by extreme weather events.